You've got questions, we've got answers. If you have a question that isn't listed here, you can email us at Hoocha@HoochaBrewing.com and we'll do our best to answer anything you throw at us.
How much alcohol is in Hoocha Hard Kombucha?
- Our products are mostly 7% alcohol by volume. It varies by batch since we are hand crafted.
Is Hoocha organic?
- Yes, we use all organic ingredients
Do I need to refrigerate it?
- Yes, all Hoocha products are raw and will continue to ferment in the can. Refrigeration slows that fermentation down, which will keep it tasting delicious. Without refrigeration the cans will continue to ferment and will eventually burst.
Do you add alcohol to Hoocha to make it alcoholic?
- No, we make raw kombucha and ferment it with brewer's yeast (similar to beers and champagnes). This naturally creates the alcohol content.
Does Hoocha contain probiotics?
- Yes, the brewing process naturally creates probiotics.
Which flavors do you offer?
- We are always brewing up new seasonal flavors and take special requests from restaurants and bars for seasonal keg flavors. We also offer Ginger, Petaluma Punch, Paloma, and Original.
What is a SCOBY?
- Our products are naturally fermented with a SCOBY, which is an acronym for symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast. It is also known as a 'Mother' in the kombucha world.
Are the cans made with BPA-NI (BPA Free) liners?
- Yes, our cans are made with non-BPA liners which are technically called BPA-NI. These liners are also sometimes called BPA Compliant.
How much sugar is in Hoocha?
- Hard Kombucha is naturally lower in sugar and calories than many alcoholic drinks. At Hoocha, we make everything in small batches which creates some variability. The testing we have done shows that a 12 oz serving has about 7 grams of sugar and 170 calories. At 7% ABV, that means that 30 of those calories come from the sugar and 140 of the calories come from the alcohol.
Does hard kombucha contain caffeine?
- Though most of the caffeine from the tea is consumed by the SCOBY during fermentation, a small amount of caffeine can remain. We have not tested our products but the industry estimates that a 12 oz serving has approximately 20 mg caffeine which around the same amount in 3 sips of black tea. For comparison, 12 ounces of Starbucks coffee has about 240 mg of caffeine.
Do you have a Tasting Room?
- Yes, we have a tasting room in downtown Petaluma. We have weekly hours and we are available by appointment. You don't need an appointment if you come during our regular hours. Click here to see our weekly hours. https://hoochabrewing.com/pages/petaluma-tasting-room